Makita XDT131 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Review
The Makita XDT131 Cordless Impact Driver Kit is built to drive and fasten deck screws, cabinet screws, and TEK screws. It can also tighten lag bolts and many more.
I. Makita XDT131- Specifications
The Makita XDT131 is equipped with a brushless motor consuming 50% less energy than the same tool with a brushed motor.
This tool delivers a maximum torque of up to 1, 500-inch pounds.
3. Drive System
The Makita XDT131 features variable speeds to ensure a wide range of applications. The motor delivers up to 3,400 RPM, 3,600 IPM, and 1,500-inch-pounds of torque.
5. LED Lights
This impact driver features dual-LED lights for ease in working in tight and not so illuminated spaces.
The Makita XDT131 is powered by an 18V LXT Lithium-Ion (3.0Ah). The battery comes with a quick 30-minute full charging time.
7. Size and Weight
The Makita XDT131 comes with a compact and lightweight design. It is 5 inches long and weighs only 3.3 pounds with the battery. Its weight reduces operator fatigue.
8. What is in the Box
- (1) Brushless Impact Driver (XDT13Z)
- (1) Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah Battery (18 volts)
- (1) Lithium-Ion Battery Charger
- (1) Tool Bag
II. What Users Say about Makita XDT131
A user says this is an amazing quality impact driver. It feels durable and is definitely made to last.
Another user says this tool has been handy for his woodworking and home improvement projects. He loves the compact design as he can get into small spaces where his previous impact driver could not.
III. Who should buy Makita XDT131?
The Makita XDT131 Cordless Impact Driver Kit is a popular impact driver that appeals to both homeowners and professionals. HVAC plumbers, electricians, automotive mechanics, remodelers, woodworkers who need a top-quality cordless impact driver will benefit a lot from this tool.
IV. Commonly Asked Questions: Makita XDT131
1. Is the RPM speed controlled by the trigger?
This tool does not come with a variable speed controlled by the trigger. It only has an ON/OFF switch.
2. Can an older 18V Lithium-Ion battery be charged with the charger?
Yes, it can.
3. Is the charger compatible with 220 volts?
The charger only has 110 volts.
4. Can it be used to drill 7/8-inch holes in wood?
It may be powerful enough to drill 7/8-inch holes in wood if the 7/8-drill bit comes with a hex shank. Most drills will spin faster but this tool has more torque.
5. Can this tool be used to remove tire lug nuts?
Yes, it can. It is common to use a wrench to loosen tire lug nuts because the lugs are often too tight. This impact driver however can be used to remove tire lug nuts.
6. Can two Makita tools and charger fit the bag that goes with this tool?
No, it cannot. The bag can only fit one tool, the battery and the battery charger that goes with the kit.
7. Will the battery that goes with the kit work with older Makita tools that do not have Star protection?
Yes, it will. Makita batteries work with all Makita tools that require the same kind of battery.
8. Will the battery charger work on 220 V?
No it will not. The battery charger only works on 110V.
9. Does this tool come with an XPT rating for dust and water resistance?
No it does not. It is recommended that you keep the tool out of splashes of water. It is best that you clean the tool every so often to remove dust that is present in most job sites.
10. What is the difference between a brushless and brushed motor?
A brushless motor runs 50% better than a brush motor. This means a brushless motor has a longer run time. A brushless motor remains cool after continuous use because of its limited heat output. It also remains cool and more efficient because it eliminates carbon brushes
A brushless motor also results in the battery and the tool’s longer lifespan.
11. Does this tool have variable settings?
Yes, the Makita XSR131 features three-speed settings.
12. Is this tool equipped with LED lights?Yes, it is equipped with two LED lights for better visibility in dimly lit areas and tight spaces.
The Makita XDT131 Cordless Impact Driver Kit comes with the Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) for dust and water resistance as well as the Star Protection Computer Controls for protection against over-charging, over-heating and over-loading.