Not everyone who goes to basketball will carry a needle. Basketballs are most perfect when they have enough air inside and just the right amount of tension. So what should you do? What is the best way to pump a basketball without a needle? We will share with you the most valuable tips in this article!
Table of Contents
How to pump a basketball without a needle?
There are many ways to pump a basketball without a needle:
- Pumping basketball with a syringe
- Pumping basketball with an air compressor
- Pumping basketball with balloons
- Go to the nearest bike shop
- Pumping basketball with a straw
An out-of-breath basketball will glue everyone’s match. What is needed is to find a way to re-inflate the basketball. However, not everyone who goes to basketball will carry a needle. There may not be a needle in your house at the moment! What should you do?
Don’t be confused! We have many different ways to pump the basketball without a needle. Follow these tips to solve the problem faster!
Pumping basketball with a syringe
Syringes are very familiar items for many people. You can use a syringe that is available at home. Or run to the nearest store or pharmacy to buy a syringe you like.
Pumping a basketball with a syringe is also very simple. The syringe has a rather small tip. It usually fits in the inflatable hole of a basketball.
It would be best if you chose to buy a large syringe, possibly the type used to pump blood. Larger tubes will push more air into the basketball with each pump. It also shortens the pumping time for the ball.
The steps to filling your basketball are straightforward:
- Choose a syringe with a pumping tip that fits the tip of a basketball.
- Place the small end of the pump into the basketball. Make sure that there are not too many gaps between them, preferably not.
- Collect the gas from the syringe and inject it into the basketball. It’s like a doctor filling up your pills and injecting them into your body.
- Repeat until the basketball reaches the tension you want.
It will probably take you about 15 to 20 minutes to fill the ball with this method.
Pumping basketball with an air compressor
An air compressor is also a familiar item. However, we also do not bring it with us when playing basketball. All you need to do is run to a store to buy or rent or borrow cans of compressed air.
It will take some time searching. But it works really fast and efficiently. It will take you less than 5 minutes to fill up the basketball.
When you have a can of compressed air, everything becomes simple:
- First, place the straw of the compressed air into the suction cup of the basketball. Take care that there are no gaps between them.
- Press the trigger to let the air slowly go inside the basketball. Do it carefully so that the ball reaches the perfect stretch.
- After filling in the basketball. Use the straw of the compressed air can and continue the match!
Pumping basketball with balloons
Here’s a trick to transfer air from a balloon to a basketball. Many people have used this method with good results. However, it will be quite time-consuming.
You should look for a large balloon and a straw. No one goes to basketball with a balloon. You can go to the nearest grocery store to buy them. Choose a straw that is firm and fits the basketball.
After we have balloons and straws, we will perform simple steps:
- First, inflate the balloon. You don’t need any air pump. Your mouth is the best tool to do this.
- When the balloon is full of air, instead of tying it up, as usual, use a paper clip to close it. Clamp the kidney so that the air inside does not escape.
- Use a straw to connect the top of the basketball. The other end place in the mouth of the balloon.
- When you open the paper clip, the air from the balloon will flow to the basketball.
- Repeat several times until you inflate the basketball. Stop when you feel your basketball is perfect.
Depending on the size of the basketball, how many balloons you will lose. However, this job is quite hard when you have to blow a lot of balloons.
Go to the nearest bike shop
In addition to using a needle to inflate the basketball, we can also use professional tire inflators. Like bicycle pumps.
A bike shop will have the tools and capabilities to inflate your ball fully. The only difficulty was finding a bike shop.
- First, find a bike shop near you.
- Go there and ask and borrow their equipment to inflate the basketball.
- Give them more thanks or buy some items. That makes them happier and more willing to help you next time.
Pumping basketball with a straw
Actually, this method is going to be a bit crazy. But I think it works for some healthy people.
You will only need a straw that will fit the tip of a basketball. You should choose a thin but slightly stiff straw. You can buy them at convenience stores.
The steps to inflate the basketball with a straw are quite simple:
- Insert one end of the straw into the suction end of the basketball.
- The other end connects to your mouth.
- Take a breath and blow hard into the straw. You will see the basketball gradually rising.
- Keep blowing until you feel the right fit.
This method will take a lot of your energy. But it is straightforward to do.
Not carrying a needle with you when you need to pump a basketball will often happen. You do not need to worry too much about this because we have many ways to do it. In this article, we have shared with you some tips to pump a basketball without a needle. Hopefully, you will find the most suitable way!
Reference Source: How to inflate a basketball